Know all about the anti snoring devices that work
People who struggle with snoring affect not only their sleep but also the sleep of others. It can bother all those present in the room. There have been various Studies and Research that have tried to find out the reason behind people snoring. The causes of snoring have been related to various metabolic disorders and cardiovascular diseases. Likewise, various treatments have also come up for the treatment of snoring. One such device invented to stop snoring is the anti-snoring device. This article has shed light on facts about anti snoring devices that work.
Types of anti-snoring devices
The problem of snoring has also been related to the rising stress of everyday life. The hectic schedules have left people so exhausted that they end up snoring at night, causing disturbance to others and themselves as well. However, various devices and appliances have been invented to treat these issues. Some of these non-surgical, as well as non-invasive methods, have been given here in this article.
- Nasal Strips:- The nasal strips have been explicitly invented to treat nasal snoring. It is applied on the nose and keeps the nostrils apart.
- Nasal Dilators: These devices are either made of plastic or metal. They prevent snoring by forcing the nostrils to be away from each other. It keeps the nostrils open.
- Issues such as Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome can be treated easily with the help of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) or oral appliances.
- One can also use chin strips explicitly designed for this purpose. These strips keep the mouth closed as they are placed under the chin and keep the person from snoring.
- Vestibular Shield is another such device that has been used for a long time. It is placed inside the mouth and prevents airflow through it. This promotes nasal breathing, as well as stops snoring.
- The Tongue-retaining device (TRD) is another such device that prevents the tongue from falling back, which often happens while sleeping. It works by holding the top of the tongue in place.
More about the anti-snoring devices
But before going for any such devices, it is essential to consult with an expert in this field regarding this issue. They can suggest the best cure for it. There are times when one might require a surgical procedure to cure it. The expert can give the best advice, and then the patient can decide whether to go for surgical or non-surgical methods such as anti-snoring devices.